About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I can't believe that Christmas is 3 months away !
I have 4 gifts purchased and will continue to shop until the second week in December, by then I should be done it all but  the baking.
Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?
I use to have my Christmas shopping done before Halloween but since moving my budget doesn't allow for much above the bills each month.
I am glad that I our family is not about the gifts at Christmas we are all about sharing time together.
I have even cut back on my Christmas baking, with butter at $5.00 a pound ( I refuse to use anything but  butter) I really had to cut back.
I use to start putting a couple of pounds of butter a week into the freezer for Christmas baking each time it went on sale to help with the skyrocketing costs of baking supplies.
With so many going wheat free I hope to snag a great deal on flour this fall.
Do you do much baking for Christmas?
Gretchen and I had a blast making cookies last year, this was her batch, not bad for the first time on her own I just supervised.

No comments:

Post a Comment