About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Friday, May 23, 2014

Eye Infection?

Well I am glad to be back and writing a new post.
I was away bathing my eyes and trying to find out why there is a shortage of Polysporin eye drops since 2011!
I never have had an eye infection before and hope to never have another.

I woke up one morning with right eye all infected, I wasn't sure that I didn't get a bite in the night by a spider but the following morning I realized that my other eye was also infected so it wasn't a spider bite after all.

My sweetie went everywhere looking for polysporin eye drops and found none, the only answer he could get from the drugstores was that it has been on back order for 3 years!
What the heck?
Why is there a shortage?
Does anyone know as I have yet to receive an answer to that question.

So with no eye drops and no chance of getting a doctor appointment within the next few weeks I took it upon myself to try something else.
I soaked my eyes then ensured the cloth went directly into the laundry so not to spread this eye infection.
After soaking my eyes I took some pure virgin coconut oil and put it in my eyes (only one at a time as it blurs your vision, unless you are going to bed then do both eyes at the same time).
The coconut oil is solid but once you touch it the heat from your hands melts it.
*ENSURE YOUR HANDS ARE CLEAN AND DO NOT CONTAMINATE YOUR JAR OF COCONUT OIL BY PUTTING YOUR FINGERS INTO IT.
I USE A Q-TIP TO SCOOP OUT SOME THEN PUT IT IN MY EYE THEN THE OTHER END TO PUT IN THE JAR TO SCOOP OUT ENOUGH FOR THE OTHER EYE.
The coconut oil is very soothing and I did this for 2 days straight and on the third day my eyes were totally clear.

I love coconut oil it is a wonderful item to have in your household.
I keep one can for cooking/baking and one can for firstaid and my skin and hair.
I must say since I have been using coconut oil my eczema has done a disappearing act!

Anyone else use coconut oil for anything other than cooking?

No comments:

Post a Comment