About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Whatever The Name Of These Are, They Are Tasty!

Last night I made one of my favourite meals on a hot evening.
I am not too sure what to call it or if there is a proper name for what I make.
I make this because it doesn't require the oven to be on longer than 20 minutes, heck you may be able to cook them on the bbq in foil wrap or in a pan.
I call them beef and bean burritos.
Anyone know what they may actually be called drop me a line and let me know, thank-you.
This recipe is not only quick and easy it is inexpensive! 

                                                            Beef and Bean Burritos

Ingredients: 1 steak
                  1 red pepper
                  1 green pepper
                  6-8 tortillas (depending on the amount of mixture you put inside your tortillas)
                  200 grams or more depending on your preference of cheese grated, I like a mixture of cheeses                      mozzarella , monterey jack with jalapenos, and cheddar but you use what you like.
                  1 large onion 
                  chilli con carne  I use homemade leftovers but if you don't have any Heinz Chilli Beans are a                           great substitute.
                  1 package of burrito seasoning
                  salsa
                  sour cream

Directions:  Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees 
                   Fry your steak with some garlic leaving it very pink in the centre
                   Slice the steak into thin strips and set aside
                   The steak will continue to cook once the burritos are in the oven
                   Put your chilli in the same pan as steak was cooked in and heat it up once it is heated through                        add your burrito seasoning package and stir leave simmer until mixture has thickened then                              remove from heat
                   Wash and slice your peppers into strips, grate your cheese and slice your onion into strips as                          well
                   Grease your pan
                   Lay your tortilla flat on a plate put some steak strips in close to center of tortilla lay peppers                          and onions on top of that and then spoon some chilli mixture to cover.
                   Roll up the tortilla and secure with toothpick (use large ones so you can remove them when                          serving and they are easy to see so noone chokes on one).
                   Lay the burritto in pan and continue the same way until pan is full .
                   Spoon salsa over each one  and cover with tin foil and bake for about 20 minutes until the                              tortillas are starting to brown on edges.
                   Remove foil and top with cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.
                   This should only take a few more minutes.
                   Serve with sourcream and salsa.

                       

 
       
                   

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laurie, I'm left handed too, never heard of Mollydooker before,how interesting, love it! Anyway, I would call this a steak and pepper burrito, sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete