About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Fall Means Great Hearty Soups!

Fall means great hearty soups in our household.
Today I made a pot of  bean with bacon soup, such a filling tasty soup.
I hope that you like this recipe, it is simple and yummy!



                                                         Bean With Bacon Soup


2 cups Northern White Beans, picked and rinsed.
6 strips crispy cooked bacon with a tablespoon of bacon drippings
3 carrots minced
3 stalks celery minced
1 onion minced
3 cloves garlic minced
1 large potato minced
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 large pinch of red chillies
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Kansas City Style BBQ Sauce or a couple of  splashes of Liquid Smoke
6-8 cups of water ( more if needed as cooking)
1 small tin of tomato paste
 oook down until beans are soft enough to mash 2 cups and return to pot.


Simmer until beans are cooked then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment