About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday's Favourites

Good Morning!
Today is starting out to be a beautiful day  the sun is shining and the birds are singing...it is starting to look and feel like spring.
Today's favourite is... my Cream of Tomato Soup
This soup is made in one small pot and one large pot, the small pot is for making a white sauce and the large pot is where you mix all of the ingredients together to simmer into a flavourful  tomato soup.

Cream of Tomato Soup

3 cups peeled, chopped tomatoes (2 large cans of Marsala tomatoes in winter)
2 cups of water 1 small minced onion
1- 5 1/2 ounce can of tomato paste
2 teaspoons of sugar
2 teaspoons of salt
1/2 teaspoon of basil leaves dried or 1/2 stalk of fresh basil chopped fine
1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
a pinch of pepper
mix together and bring to boil stirring occasionally
reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes
In small saucepan make white sauce with 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons flour and 1 cup of milk or cream
once made add a ladle of the tomato mixture and mix together then gradually add white sauce to hot tomato mixture stirring constantly.
Once heated through, serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment