About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Friday, January 10, 2014

An Unexpected Pleasure

I got a message from a dear friend asking me if I was available to go to a friend of ours 70th birthday surprise dinner at a new restaurant in town called Jack's.
I accepted the invitation and will be going on Sunday afternoon.
I have been waiting all week to go shopping for a gift for her and today the weather was good enough that I ventured out to purchase a gift for my friend.
I had my heart set on a new china tea mug for her and I knew the local store that carries some of the nicest ones I have seen all done up pretty in gift boxes.

I drove over to the next town to purchase one and when I got there all the shelves were empty that use to hold all the beautiful tea mugs.
When I enquired about them the lady at the front counter explained that today they were getting ready to put out the Valentine's Day display and everything that had been out was now put away in storage until spring.
So with the shelves empty I left disappointed and having to scour the other stores in town.
Nothing was what I ended up coming home with so off to Campbellford in the morning in hopes of finding the perfect birthday gift for my dear friend.

Have you had your heart set on one thing and have to change mid stream?

No comments:

Post a Comment