About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Tea Time Favourites

Tea Time Favourites




                                                                    Laurie's Poundcake

3.5 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix together in bowl and set aside

In large bowl cream 1 cup of butter and 2 cups of sugar gradually add 4 eggs 1 at a time beating well between additions.
Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla
Blend in dry ingredients alternating between dry and wet ingredients. Adding 1 cup milk  beginning and ending with dry ingredients .
Add any flavouring you like, sometimes I use lemon or orange rind and extracts and juices instead of milk.
In this particular cake I added dehydrated cherries and it was a hit!
Pour batter into 2 greased and floured loaf pans bake in 325 degree oven for an hour. Once nicely browned and cooked through set pans in freezer for 45 minutes in the pan right from oven, be sure to place on wire rack, then wrap cakes this makes them moist.
This winter it was so bitterly cold it only took 20 minutes to cool outside on the table on the back screened in porch.
I served this up with my favourite Ahmad Tea- English Afternoon Tea in my new tea mug.
I hope you enjoy this cake as much as my family does.


No comments:

Post a Comment