About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Feeling old

Today is my eldest son's 36th birthday and wow does seeing that on paper ever make me feel old!
His wife I am sure will have something special planned for the two of them this evening.
I am expecting my Mother back from the city today so my Aunt tells me.
I am so glad everything is set-up for my Grandparents for nursing staff to come into the home.
I will just be glad to have Mom home so she can concentrate on her health .
I have made her som cookies and took chicken breasts out to thaw and will have a nice supper ready for her when she comes home.
The cookies I made were very nice I took my melting moment recipe and before adding the dry ingredients I added a tsp of vanilla and a teaspoon of orange extract and the rind of 2 tangerines  and the juice of one tangerine ( I ate the other they were very tasty).
I beat the mixture together then added the dry ingredients and baked them the dame wqay as the others only flattened the alls more and baked for  12 mins, just watch them check the bottoms a fter 10 mins they should be brown the tops will not brown unless over cooked. the melting moments recipe is easy .
                                                           
                                                       Melting Moments

                                                          3 cups flour
                                                          1 cup icing sugar
                                                          1 cup cornstarch
                                                          1 softened pound of butter
                                                    Mix together with fork into a dough.
                                                    Roll 1 inch balls, flatten with fork and add sprinkles.
                                                    Bake 325 F for 7-10 mins until golden brown on bottom edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment