About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Making Pizza Dough With Grandma




This past weekend I had the pleasure of spending it with my little earth angel.
We spent some time making pizza dough, as you can tell by the picture Gretchen had a ball.
Unfortunately I did not think to take pictures of the finished product .
Gretchen did a great job making  panzerotto and a pizza for her great grandparents and a pizza to take home for her Mommy and her to share (by the time she left Grandma's she had half of the pizza she made for her and her Mommy gone).
This recipe was shared with me in 1976 by a chef in Disneyworld and has continued to be my go to pizza dough recipe ever since.


                                                      Pizza Dough

Mix together 5 1/2 cups of flour and 2 teaspoons of salt in a large mixing bowl
In a measuring cup put 2 cups of warm (not hot) water, 2 teaspoons of sugar and mix-up
float 1/2 teaspoon of dry yeast on top
Set aside until yeast works (about 10 minutes)
Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the water,salt,yeast mixture and add wet to dry ingredients and mix well.
Place dough in well oiled bowl and cover with a tea towel let stand covered until dough doubles in bulk.
Punch down and divide into balls for pizza ( makes 8 small pizza's or 1 party pizza)
This dough can be frozen.
Roll out dough balls thin brush with olive oil, then add your pizza sauce and all your favorite toppings
Remember less is more on these pizza's when made thin.
If making panzo's fill  half the pizza shell and fold over and seal edges.
As Gretchen pointed out to me" they look like perogies,really,really big,big as your head!"
Preheat oven to 500 degrees
When the pizza is brown it is done!
Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting to allow the cheese to set-up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment