About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Peanut Brittle

Today I made a batch of peanut brittle and decided to share this wonderful recipe with you.
When I was 11 my family took a trip to New Brunswick and this was one of the recipes that was on a placemat at one of the restaurants we went to.
Mom tried it when we got home and this recipe has stayed in our family ever since.

Butter Brittle

Use a heavy bottom pan and on medium high heat melt down 3 cups of white sugar stirring constantly.
The sugar will clump up and then reduce heat and let melt and turn deep brown (not burnt)
stir this mixture constantly or it will burn.
Once sugar is melted stir in 2 cups of salted peanuts and 1/4 cup of butter
Mix well and pour into well greased metal pan
Cool, crack and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment