About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Jazz Apple Love

I must tell you, I have a new love...Jazz Apples.
Have you tried them yet?
If you haven't you are missing out on one of the most crisp and tasty apples you will ever eat!
I know they are grown in New Zealand and in Washington State, Australia, Austria, France, Italy, Chile and Switzerland. 
Jazz Apples are a cross between a Royal Gala Apple and a Braeburn Apple.
I eat apples daily and until I found Jazz to be the perfect eating apple and baking apple .
This recipe I am going to share with you came from the Jazz Apple website http://www.jazzapples.com/sitemap.
The next time you are in the market, do yourself a favour and purchase some Jazz apples, if your store does not carry Jazz apples ask them to order some!

JAZZ Apple Pound Cake Stack
Ingredients:
·        4 ounces cream cheese, softened
·        2 tablespoons sour cream
·        1 tablespoon honey
·        1 teaspoon grated orange zest
·        12 thin slices of pound cake
·        1 thinly sliced JAZZ™ apple
·        3/4 cup of finely sliced strawberries
Directions:
In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, honey and orange zest with hand mixer. Spread each pound cake slice evenly with the cream cheese mixture. Core and slice the apple. To assemble the sandwiches, lay the apple slices on 4 of the cake slices, dividing equally.
Top with 4 more cake slices and then layer on strawberries. Cover with the remaining cake slices. Cut the sandwiches in half on the diagonal and secure each half with a decorative sandwich pick. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 4 servings.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment