About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sleepy Saturday

Good morning!
I am late posting today as I slept in this morning!
I usually am up early so this is odd.
I think I must have needed it !
Yesterday I picked-up a girlfriend and went to Brighton Ontario to get a peck of pickling cukes.
Apparently there has been some sort of fungus that has attacked the cucumber plants the last few years and they are quite hard to find locally.
I think I will be smart next year and plant my own pickling cukes as it cost $30.00 for a peck of them this year .
I know it sounds like it is expensive but when you taste the final product it certainly is worth every penny spent.

My dill weed didn't grow this year, a few feathery sprigs stand in the garden, maybe next year it will come up better.
Dill is a weed and it usually is hard to get out of your garden once it starts growing, I have tried for the last 5 years to grow my own and have had no luck.
Anyone had luck growing dill?
If so would you like to share your secret to keep it coming back every year?
Well friends I should run as I have slept the morning away and have things to get done before my company arrives.
Have a wonderful Saturday and keep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment