About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The Best Tomato Soup !

I am not feeling very well today and my body is telling me that I need to eat and the only thing that even sounds appetizing is my homemade tomato soup.
I know I have shared my recipe with you a few years ago but it is still my favourite and worth sharing again.


Cream of Tomato Soup

3 cups peeled, chopped tomatoes (2 large cans of Marsala tomatoes in winter)
2 cups of water 1 small minced onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1- 5 1/2 ounce can of tomato paste
2 teaspoons of sugar
2 teaspoons of salt
1/2 teaspoon of basil leaves dried or 1/2 stalk of fresh basil chopped fine
1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
a pinch of pepper
mix together and bring to boil stirring occasionally
reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes
In small saucepan make white sauce with 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons flour and 1 cup of milk or cream
once made add a ladle of the tomato mixture and mix together then gradually add white sauce to hot tomato mixture stirring constantly.
Once heated through, serve and enjoy!    
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment