About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday's Favorites

It's Friday again!
Wow this week has been a scorcher the temperature reached 34C yesterday and it appears we are going to get a break from this heatwave, they are calling for thunderstorms all day.
I do hope you all found a way to keep yourselves cool, if not this recipe is sure to cool you off on a hot day!

                            Frozen Lemonade Trifle

1 envelope plain gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
6 eggs
1 can frozen lemonade ( I use pink lemonade)
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 angel food cake

Soften gelatin in cold water
Beat egg yolks and mix with frozen lemonade in saucepan
Cook until it coats the spoon (about 3 mins)
Stir in gelatin, mix well and cool 1/2 hour.
In separate bowl, beat egg whites until near stiff
Beat in icing sugar until stiff peaks form
Fold into cooled mixture
Cut cake into 3 inch squares
In trifle dish or pan alternate cake and custard beginning with cake and end with custard
Press out air pockets with the back of a wooden spoon.
Wrap and freeze.
Keeps for 2 months in freezer.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment