About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday's Thoughts and Friday's Favorites

Good morning!
Today I am taking my computer in now that the part is here and while my computer is being rebuilt I am going to be grandparenting my little earth angel Gretchen .
I enjoy each moment I am able to share with her she is my heart...
I have made some french onion soup for our supper and some ginger cookies for dessert!
I may be a few days away due to the computer re-build so I will post Friday's favorites as well.

           Laurie's Ginger Cookies
http://www.flickr.com/photos/84143785@N00/2417291404
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 cup - 1 cup crystallized ginger minced (amount depends on how strong you like your ginger flavor)
1 large pinch of ground cardamom
1 small pinch of nutmeg
1 small pinch of black pepper (if you like a spicier cookie)
1 cup of white sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup dark molasses
1/3 cup cinnamon sugar

Preheat oven to 350 F
Sift your flour, ground ginger, baking soda,cardamom,cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper together in a bowl,mix and set aside.
In large bowl cream together the shortening, butter and sugar add egg,molasses, crystallized ginger.
Gradually add the flour mixture until soft dough forms.
Roll into balls about 1" in diameter, flatten ball gently with fingers in cinnamon sugar to coat each side.
Place 2" apart on cookie sheet
Bake for 7-10 minutes, top of cookie will have small cracks when done.
Enjoy!
I will to be back very soon, in the mean time take the time to enjoy the small pleasures in life...it is too short to rush through without taking notice of the world around you and it's beauty,be sure to share it with someone you love, until later my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming last night -- and those cookies are extra tasty!!

    ReplyDelete