About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thank-you Rock Recipes!

Each year when I do my Christmas baking I test run a new recipe, sometimes they are a flop and other times they are a hit...Well thanks to Rock Recipes this year's test recipe was a hit!


Picture courtesy of Rock Recipes




Bottom layer

 Cream together:

1 cup butter
2/3 cup packed brown sugar


Mix in;

2 2/3 cups flour

Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch, parchment paper lined baking pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.

Topping

In a medium sized saucepan combine:

1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
2 tbsp whipping cream

Bring to a gentle boil and simmer for only a minute or two before stirring in

2 cups chopped unsalted cashew nuts

As soon as the bottom has baked for 20 minutes, pull it out of the oven and spread the topping evenly over the base and return to the oven for an additional 20 minutes.

Cool completely the pan on a wire rack.

Drizzle the top with

1/2 cup melted chocolate chips



*They say the melted chocolate is optional but chocolate is always  a must for this gal!


If you love honey , cashews and shortbread and chocolate this recipe is a keeper!



2 comments:

  1. This looks delish! I must give this a try! Have a great Holiday and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you!
    I have been by to view your wonderful recipe for cream puffs,will be attempting them very soon.

    ReplyDelete