About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday's Favorites

Well this week it should be no surprise that I chose to post a favorite strawberry recipe after all it is strawberry season!



                                                                                
 


                  Old-fashioned Strawberry Jam

This recipe yields 12 half pint jars of jam.

 Ingredients: 12 cups crushed fresh strawberries
                     12 cups of sugar
If you prefer less sugar like I do you will need to cook down for a longer period of time or use pectin.
Rinse and hull strawberries and crush them in your canning pot.
Stir in sugar until well blended and bring mixture to a  boil over high heat stirring constantly.
Continue to boil the mixture uncovered for  10 - 15 minutes or until thickened ensuring you stir frequently.
Ladle into prepared jars within 1/8" of the rim.
Seal and wipe jar down and turn over on counter until it has cooled and you hear the lids pop.
Turn jars back upright and store.
If you decide to use 1/2 the sugar as I do it will take quite a bit of cooking down to reach the desired consistency.
If you decided to use pectin, follow the directions for use on the bottle or box.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment