About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday's Favorites

Well it begins...it is the first long weekend of the season and it is going to be a hot one by the looks of the weather forecast.
This weekend is usually spent celebrating my Father's birthday!
This year we are planning a bbq on the holiday Monday .
in our household the birthday person chooses what type of cake, pie or goodies they would like baked for their birthday celebration.
This year Dad has chosen my pineapple upside-down cake for his birthday cake. Here is the recipe for this moist favorite in our home.

Pineapple Upside-down Cake

1- white cake recipe
1 3/4 cup of flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup of milk

Combine 1st 3 ingredients and set aside.
Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light.
blend in dry ingredients alternating with milk beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
Set aside while you prepare pan with:
1/3 cup butter melted stir in 1 cup brown sugar
Spread evenly in bottom of cake pan place cherries and pineapple on top of the brown sugar/butter mixture then pour the cake batter over top .
Bake at 350 F for 65-70 minutes cool for 10 minutes before turning onto platter or cake plate.
Enjoy!

What are your plans for this long weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment