About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wednesday's Wish


I thought I would try something new for Wednesday!
I will share with you in words and/or pictures my wish (an expression of a desire, longing, or strong inclination).

My wish this week would be to have my cat Smokey-Joe to sleep at night and quit waking me up every 20 minutes so I can get a decent sleep !

Since my other cat Smudge passed away (she was 11 years old ) Smokey-Joe wanders the house at night looking for her for about an hour at bedtime.

He then figures I should be up with him, so he jumps up on the bed and walks over the pillows and stops at my head he will nudge me trying to wake me and if I cover my head he will dig me out of the covers or make his way under just to pat my face with his paw and try to wake me.

I usually put him down and not 10 minutes later he will be right back up and this time lays at my head and purrs, head butts me and starts pulling my hair by kneading his toes into it and pulling!
This goes on all night until I get up with him.

You would think a 14 year old cat would love to sleep, nope, he is the most active 14 year old cat I know of.

I know you are thinking , why doesn't she just close the bedroom door but when your bedroom is a loft there are no doors to close.
I would put him outside but he has no nails to defend himself out there so that is out of the question.
I have tried spraying him with a squirt bottle of water, unfortunately he likes it!
I have tried buying him a little toy to cuddle with and all he does is wander around the house making howling noises and then brings the toy to me and continues to disrupt my sleep.

I am out of ideas, anyone have a suggestion to help me make this wish come true?

No comments:

Post a Comment