About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday's Wish

This week my wish is that you all enjoy this beautiful weather we have been blessed with.
Today we are suppose to break a 100 year old record for temperatures for May.
If that is true I hope you all find a way to stay cool and well hydrated!
I am sharing with you my recipe for iced tea, I hope you make a jug or two today.

Laurie's
Iced Tea

Boil water and pour into a glass jug over your tea bags leaving a couple of inches of head space.
(I staple the tags of 8-10 tea bags together and place in jug).
I add sugar to taste, usually 1/2 cup to 1 cup depending on the size of jug, stir until sugar dissolves.
Allow to steep until the tea cools to room temperature (I like my tea strong so it does not taste watery if ice cubes melt, sometimes I make ice cubes with the iced tea ).
Remove tea bags (if they are tied together they are easier to remove).
I then add lemon juice and lime juice to taste.
I also add a couple of drops of orange extract.
Refrigerate until chilled.
I place slices of lemon and lime and orange in a glass full of ice and pour the chilled iced tea over the ice and fruit.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment