About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Birthday Saturday

Today happens to be the birthdays of two of my favorite people, my niece and my sweetie.
I will be spending my morning baking a pie as my sweetie dislikes cake.
I was planning on making a coconut cream pie but when I was out shopping he mentioned he would like a raisin pie this year so I purchased all the ingredients I needed for that.
When I arrived home my sweetie was talking on the phone to his mother and apparently she has made him a raisin pie for his birthday so I guess tomorrow I go back to the grocery store and purchase the ingredients to make him a coconut cream pie.
I purchased for him a rare first printing of the James Audubon Birds of North America at an auction for a song.
I am anxious to give it to him as he has done a few pieces of artwork lately that he could have used the pictures in this book for a guide on colouring of some of the birds.
How do you celebrate birthdays in your home?
Does the birthday person have their choice of meal and cake/pie?

No comments:

Post a Comment