About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday's Favorites

Beef Stew

2 pounds beef cut up into bite size pieces
4 cups of V-8 Juice
3 medium sized onions quartered
6 medium carrots chopped
1 cup turnip diced
2 cups diced potatoes
2 medium parsnips chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
2 stalks celery chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil to fry meat
2 tablespoons worchestershire sauce
2 cups of beef bouillon
Salt and pepper to taste

In large stock pot brown beef in olive oil, add garlic, onion and celery and worchestershire.
Add beef bouillon and V-8 Juice.
Once beef is browned add parsnips,carrots, turnip, boil 20 minutes then add potato continue to boil until firm but almost cooked then thicken with either cornstarch or flour.(I use cornstarch).
cook over low heat for another 45 mins.

Laurie's Homemade Biscuits

2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup shortening
1 cup milk or cream
2 chopped green onion or chives
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/2 pound cooked chopped bacon

Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Cut in shortening with two knives until mixture looks like oatmeal.
Make a well in the center of the ingredients and add all the liquid at once.
Stir batter vigorously and it frees up from the sides of the bowl.
Add Cheese, onion and bacon bits mix and turn dough out onto floured board.
Knead lightly for a few seconds, roll out to 1/2" thickness and cut dough with floured cutter and place on ungreased baking sheet.
Bake 12~15 minutes or until done.
Serve immediately with you hot stew.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment