About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Apple Orchard

Good morning!
Well yesterday I went to the apple orchard and picked up a couple of baskets.
The early macs and the paula reds are the only ones ready so far so with a basket of each home we went.
I gave 1/2 the apples to my mother-in-law and brought the other half of the apples home and made a couple of pies.
1 for my parents and one for my sweetheart, seeing as he was the one asking for apple pie.
As you can tell by the picture, it was devoured in no time at all.
In a couple of weeks I will be going back to get some Courtland apples, they are great for making chunky applesauce to serve with pork over the winter.
Then following in 2 weeks the Spartans and Spys will be ready and of course Spys make the best pies.
I am considering making a few pies and freeze them this year so when company drops by I can just pop one out of the freezer and bake it ...no muss, no fuss!
What are you doing with the last long weekend of the summer? 

1 comment: