About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday's Favorites

  Date Squares             

Date filling:  1 pound of pitted dates chopped
3/4 cup hot water
1/4 cup brown sugar well packed
Combine in sauce pan and cook over medium heat until all the water is absorbed and the dates are soft then add
1 teaspoon lemon juice and cool mixture

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and prepare your pastry

Pastry: 1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup of butter
Combine dry ingredients, work in butter with pastry blender or 2 butter knives until crumbly
Spread 1/2 the mixture in a greased 9" square pan, pat down then cover with filling and spread evenly
cover with remaining pastry and pat down.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Let cool, cut into small squares and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment