About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Friendly Dragonfly

Good morning, I hope you all had a great long weekend .
I had a very quiet long weekend and enjoyed the time I spent baking and watching old movies on Turner Classic Movie Channel.

I did go out to the gardens and fill the bird bath as well as picking a few ripened cherry tomatoes for my salad.

While I filled the bird bath I had a dragonfly land on my arm, I chatted away to the robin that was sitting on the fence patiently waiting for me to finish so he could flutter about in the water.
I put the hose away and was walking around to the front of the house and the dragonfly was still flying around by me, landing on me and flying ahead of me again to circle around and land on me again.
I went inside and grabbed my camera to take a picture of it.
When I came back outside he was sitting on my railing of the steps.
I went to take its picture and he flew onto the head of a bee balm flower that had died off and dried out.
I watched it pick a small fly (about the size of a fruit fly) out of the centre of the dead head of the bee balm and eat it.
While it was sitting atop of the bee balm I snapped a couple of shots of this very friendly dragonfly.

What did you do on your last long weekend of the summer of 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment