About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday's Favorites

                                                        Cheese and Apple Squares

Top and Bottom layers:
1 cup grated old or extra old cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup butter

Crumble cheese and butter together and add dry ingredients and spread 1/2 the mixture in a 9x12 pan.

Filling:  1 cup sliced apples
Glaze: Melt 1/4 cup apple jelly (I use my crab apple jelly)
While hot smooth over top of squares spreading as it melts.
Spread second 1/2 of mixture for top layer over the apples and glaze.
Bake in hot oven 350 degrees for aprox. 1/2 an hour you should watch it as it does brown up fast.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment