About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday's Favorites

Good morning!
I hope this post finds you well.
Today I decided to share with you my oatmeal bread recipe.

Oatmeal Bread
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon molasses
1 3/4 cups rolled oats
2 1/2 cups hot water
1/4 cup of butter softened
Stir together in a large bowl
Sprinkle 2 packages of active dry yeast on top of the hot water and let stand for 5 minutes or foamy and pour into mixture of oats, molasses, butter and brown sugar
Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and 4 cups to 5 1/2 cups flour gradually adding only enough flour  to make a soft dough
Turn onto floured board and knead for 10 minutes.
Add flour if needed to make dough smooth and elastic like.
Cover with clean towel and let it rest for 15 minutes
make 2 loaves and put into 2 greased loaf pans let rise for 1-2 hours
Brush the tops of the loaves with egg and sprinkle oats overtop.
Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the tops are browned and the bread sounds hollow when you knock on it.
This recipe goes well with your homemade baked beans.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment