About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Just In Case!

Good morning!        
Yesterday I gave you a wonderful recipe for sloppy joes using homemade chilli sauce.
Just in case you haven't made chilli sauce this fall yet here is my recipe for Sweet Chilli Sauce
30 firm tomatoes
6 sweet peppers or 3 sweet and 3 hot if you prefer a hot/sweet flavor
6peaches
6 pears
6 apples
1 bunch of celery

Peel and chop fruit and veggies, place into a large pot with 1 quart of vinegar
2 tablespoons of salt
1/2 teaspoon of dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of cinnamon (I often break a cinnamon stick up and put it in my cheesecloth with my pickling spice)
2 ounces of whole mixed pickling spice in cheesecloth tied tightly.
Cook down fruit and spices before adding  4 cups of brown sugar then cook slowly until desired thickness.
Pour into sterilized jars and seal.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment