About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday's Favorites

Good morning!

Today I would like to share with you my recipe for Kahaluah.
This recipe I have made over the years for Christmas gifts.
Kahaluah

3 cups of brown sugar
2 cups of water
Boil for 8 minutes and cool.
Add a 26 ounce bottle of alcohol (alcool)
5 tablespoons of camp coffee
1 teaspoon of vanilla and just over 1/2 cup of dark rum.
add 1 cup of chocolate syrup (recipe below)
mix together and ready to bottle!
This recipe makes 1.5 litres of Kahaluah  this recipe can be doubled,tripled or quadrupled as you need.
It is a recipe that I enjoy making and people love to receive a bottle at Christmastime.
Enjoy!

Chocolate Syrup

1 1/2 cups of boiling water
1/2 cup of sugar
6 tablespoons of shaved chocolate or 1/3 of a cup of cocoa
1 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch
a few grains of salt (a pinch will do)
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla

Boil hot water and sugar for 5 minutes mix chocolate with cornstarch and cold water(just enough to dissolve cornstarch)
Combine mixture and add salt boil 3 minutes and add vanilla.

Do you have a recipe your friends ask you to make often?

No comments:

Post a Comment