About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday's Favorites


Dill Pickled Asparagus

Wash and trim asparagus enough to fit into canning jars, add dill sprigs, about 2 per jar, garlic about 2-4 per jar and 1 teaspoon mustard seeds.

In pan bring to boil 2 cups pickling vinegar, 2 cups water, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon pickling salt.
Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
Pour into jar and tighten lids.
Some people prefer to boil the jar in canner for 10 minutes I don't it takes the crispness out of the asparagus .

Check seals on jars once cooled.
Store for aprox. 1 month in cool dark place.

No comments:

Post a Comment