About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunshine

Although the weather forecast called for a rainy weekend we have been very lucky to have the sunshine make an appearance.
It is amazing how much everything has greened up with the rain we have had for the last two days.
It has actually been warm enough that I am considering going looking for asparagus.
I usually don't bother until the long weekend in May but it has been a mild winter and a very warm and sunny spring and with all the buds on the trees open this morning I think it may warrant a drive to check out the spots I know that asparagus grows.

Last year someone beat me to all my spots and I only ended up picking about 4 pounds of asparagus.
This year I hope to pick much more than that to pickle.
I could have made much more than the three bottles I made last year .
On Friday's Favorites I shall share my pickled asparagus recipe with you.

Off for a drive to see what is sprouting!

No comments:

Post a Comment