About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thursday 's Thoughts

This morning I thought I would write about something I find so sad...texting!
As of late, whenever I look at anyone walking down the road, in a store, sitting in a restaurant, and yes even visiting friends and family are paying no attention to what is going on around them.
They have their attention focused on those damn cell phones.

I am all for having a method of communicating with someone if it is important, but this is crazy!
People no longer look at the world around them and communicate face to face with others.

As I am writing this post I am looking out my front door and watching the children in the neighbourhood heading out for school and see each one walking at a slow pace, alone, head down, pushing the keypad of their cell phone.
Noone is interacting with eachother anymore, noone is taking in the beauty on the walk they are taking.
All the spring flowers and buds are all being ignored instead of admired, it seems that they walk through their lives unaware of anything else but the conversation going on through the little piece of plastic they carry in their hands.

I am saddened by how much these people are missing out on and also for the rest of us that have to put up with a half hearted conversations and visits with others due to constant interruptions from a cell phone call or a text.

What are your views on the phone/text zombies ?

No comments:

Post a Comment