About Me

My photo
I live and love in the small town of Marmo, Ontario, Canada. I am a mother of two wonderful young men and grandmother to a little beauty that owns a big piece of my heart. I have great love for my family and they come first in my life. Mollydooker is slang for a left handed person and lord knows I am as left-handed as they come. Waltz, by definition is informal, leading purposefully( my life). I will be sharing with you my ... Mollydooker's Waltz.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Homebound

Well my plans for hitting all the sales yesterday didn't go so well.
I left here to get gas in my tank and when I pulled up to the pumps and turned my car off the fellow there asked me to move ahead as he was changing the gasoline prices to lower them and the pump ahead of my car is already adjusted so I pulled my car ahead and once it was turned off that was it...no power.

I got out and opened the hood and checked the battery cables and got back in the car...nothing.
I realized as I was trying to start it that the accessories were still working so it had to be a starter.
I got under the car and saw the starter wire was completely burnt off.
I was not a happy camper to say the least and people were getting impatient behind me to get gas in their vehicles ...luckily a friend of mine was driving through town and pulled over to see if he could lend a hand... he helped me push the car out of the way of the pumps and had a look at it, he agreed with me that the starter wire was off and we scrounged around my trunk and his truck and between us we found the things we needed to hopefully fix my blue bomb-Isabelle Tank as I affectionately named her.

We jacked her up and put blocks under to steady her hooked the wire in that needed to be hooked up and no go.
I went to the phone booth and discovered it was not a quarter anymore to use the public phone it was fifty cents!
Once I got proper change to use the phone I discovered I have no idea what anyone's phone number anymore as I have them all programmed into my telephone at home! Well I can tell you that I am going to get a small phone book to keep in my purse for just such emergencies...(face palm) feeling like a dummy I called my mother to check if my boyfriend was around, no he wasn't and cell phones are not listed in the phone book.
My mother offered to come and get me and I declined and told her a friend would drop me off in town not to worry.
I then saw a phone number in the phone book of the place he was to be working on a motorcycle so I called it and got an answering machine...

I put all the tools back in the trunk and left my car behind and got a ride back to town with my friend.
I got in and called my boyfriend and told him my car was in the next town over and could use his help to get it going.

He picked me up and we went to see if he could get the car to go.
After an hour under the car he then said that there was more going on with my car than just a wire burnt off and I would have to have it towed.
I am hoping that it will be nothing too bad that it can't be fixed as I am unable to afford another car right now.

I am so glad that the fellow at the gas pumps had me move ahead or I would have been stuck in Peterborough and it would have cost an arm and a leg to have it towed home from there...always look on the bright side, it could have been worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment